The Casauria Distillery lies at thebeginning
of the Three Mountain Gorges, formed by the last off-shoots of the Gran Sasso and
of Monte Morrone. This is the area of the Tiburtina Valeria road which on one side flanks
the town of Tocco da Casauria and on the other the Pescara-Rome motorway between the
pay-tolls of Torre de' Passeri and Bussi.
The wholesome aromatic herbs used to produce, and which
characterize, the liqueurs and spirits of the distillery are gathered on the mountains
overlooking it, but especially on the Maiella which serves as back-cloth to the plateau
where Tocco da Casauria rises, on the brink of the Province of Pescara.
This modem and well-equipped firm also takes advantage of
the most up to date developments on the technical side of liqueur production so as to
offer even better products and to guarantee the quality which the market requires. But the
age old secret of the herbs which lie steeping in the tuns and the traditional
distillation is always the same one handed down from father to son.
Being able to advance with the times without,
however, abandoning tradition is a constant pledge of firm Toro and is at the
same time a complete consumer guarantee of his products.
- Esposizione Internazionale di Torino, 1862
- Dublin International Exibition, 1865
- Esposizione Internazionale di Napoli, 1871
- Medaglia d’argento del comitato Fiere di Firenze, 1878
- Medaglia d’oro per Merito Industriale del Ministro Agricoltura, 1886
- Premio Internazionale Mappamondo D’Oro, 1974
- Premio Internazionale D’Abruzzo Ercole D’Oro, 1978.